Welcome, Walton Scholars and Parents!
I am thrilled to be opening the 2019-20 school year and serving as Principal of this Gold Ribbon School and California Honor Roll School. Walton's rich culture and commitment to providing its students with the highest quality educational experience is at the core of what we do!
At Walton, every student has the opportunity to thrive and succeed. Our teachers and staff take pride in the academic preparation of our students inside and outside the classroom to help them develop into productive and empowered learners. In addition, our schools' attention to Respect, Ownership, Attitude, and Responsibility (ROAR) can be seen throughout our school, leading to the fostering of a safe, positive and motivating experience for every student.
Parent involvement is highly valued at Walton and equally important. Student success can be further achieved when the school and parents work together to support the students in their learning. Therefore, making it imperative to be informed and involved. I highly encourage you to participate in our parent education programs, as they will keep you informed of ways to support your student, advise you of school and district goals, as well as many topics to help support your students' progress throughout their secondary education and in preparation for their future.
Lastly, we encourage you to create a parent portal through Aeries, as it will allow you to monitor and stay informed of your students' academic performance. The Aeries portal is an essential communication tool that can be used between, student, parent, and school.
As we start the new school year, I look forward to meeting you and supporting you and your student through their academic endeavors. Together we will accomplish great things!
Welcome back Wildcats!
Walton's parent opportunities provide a plethora of familial involvement and support, boosting academic performances and overall well-being. We have monthly parent meetings and parent education opportunities. Our parent education meetings unite parents and offer resources on how to help their child succeed throughout their schooling experience. We also have the ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee), DELAC (District English Language Advisory Committee), and SSC (School Site Counsel). These groups collaborate to provide a supportive learning environment and coordinate exciting yearly events.
It is no secret that Walton's Gold Ribbon Status and long record of academic excellence have been possible thanks to the quality education that our credentialed teachers provide! Walton has also earned the California Honor Roll Award for the 2017/2018 School Year. Our school's PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) system encourages students to exert positive qualities such as respect and leadership as a means to not only succeed academically, but socially as well. Educators and staff highly value and celebrate all efforts to maintain a positive attitude here on campus, advocating the development of close friendships and safe behavior.
Our after school programs provide academically enriching opportunities for all enrolled scholars. Here are the programs:
- Intervention Classes (Mon, Tues, Thur & Fri) from 2:15pm - 3:15pm
- Quarterly After School Sports (Intramural Sports)
- STEAM Classes (Sphero, Robotics, Coding ans Rocket Classes)
- Computer Lab Open access afters chool for student support
- Boys & Girls Club
- Jam Studio (after school music opportunities for all students)
- Advanced Art
Walton also embraces the meaning of extracurricular activity through all the clubs offered on campus. Here is a list of our clubs:
- The International Club explores and promotes an increased understanding of the various cultures. Participating students are trained to learn about the world and become globally aware of others. The teachings of different cultures encourage open-mindedness and acceptance for the folk living in all parts of the world!
- Washington DC Club takes 8th graders on a trip to Washington DC, where students visit important political landmarks and learn about American law on an adept level. We encourage all scholars to expand their horizons by joining the club and our yearly trip.
- NJHS (National Junior Honors Society) invites our high-achieving students to build an academic resume for college as they learn to volunteer and assist the community. Scholars are trained to give back to the community and get involved on campus, guaranteeing academic and humanitarian success.
- The Academic Pentathlon consists of students who rigorously study a wide range of subjects and compete with other schools. Participating scholars study English, Mathematics, Social Studies, etc.
- Music Club provides Wildcats the opportunity to channel their inner musician as they play music and learn about the theory behind it. Walton embraces the arts and is happy to socially implement it for the benefit of our musicians on campus.
- Walton Roar (Newsletter) gives enrolled students hands-on journalism experience. Students learn to document news and publish it on the paper for all to read. This club improves writing and public speaking skills while updating teachers, staff, and students about the latest news!
Thank you for the parental and community-wide support. We look forward to embracing the power of education this year with academic and personal success. For questions, comments or concerns, please visit our front office or call us at 714-663-6040.
- Walton's inclusive and welcoming culture helps students thrive in a diverse society.
- Our modernized campus includes technological upgrades, new air conditioning, and updated classrooms.
- This is a community school with generation after generation specifically choosing to send their children to Walton!
- We have an eclectic choice of after school programs.
- Faculty and staff really care about each and every student as if they were their own.
- We offer an extensive college readiness program that equips scholars with skills for success.
- After school athletics encourages a healthy lifestyle of exercise and nutrition.